Saturday, June 27, 2015

2015 Eagles Team Issued Card - Memorial Uniform Subset

I mentioned the other day in my post about JAUCE that I had picked up the "uniforms" subset from the 2015 Eagles team issued set.  I thought I'd take a few minutes to talk about this subset.  The Eagles issued a team set (not sure if it's a fan club set or not - couldn't find anything about it on their website) around the beginning of April.  It's a 93 card set with 76 cards for the players, a 15 card "Memorial Uniform" subset and a two card subset that's kind of a catch-all.  The "Memorial Uniform" subset features current Eagles players wearing alternate uniforms from 2010 to 2014.  The featured uniforms are the 2010-11 "Summer" uniform, the 2011 "Eagles Rainbow" uniform, the 2012 "Eagle Star" uniform, the "Fans Uniform" from 2012, 2013 and 2014 (three separate uniforms), and the "Tohoku Green" uniforms from 2013 and 2014.

As you might expect, I picked these up to be included in my upcoming post on the history of Rakuten's uniforms so I'm just going to show a couple here:

2015 Eagles #SS1-07

Back of 2015 Eagles #SS1-07

2015 Eagles #SS1-13
The text and team logo on the front are embossed in gold which make them difficult to see in the scan.

1 comment:

Ryan G said...

I didn't realize what this subset (insert) set really was. I might take a second look at it to see if it's worth picking up for my collection!

I do know that the Eagles team issue sets are issued in packs and available in some stores (I have seen them in Tokyo and even as far away as Fukuoka). When I went to a Golden Eagles game a couple years ago, they were sold at concession stands inside/outside of the stadium. I remember those 2013 Tohoku Green jerseys, too!